Saturday, July 25, 2009

I have pain on the outside of my knee when I run what could it be?

I ran a marathon two years ago and was gearing up for one last year did 3 20 mile runs and gave up in November because the Tigers made the playoffs and I was more concerend with them. I ran sparatically on the treadmill over the winter 6 miles at a time. I then began to run in the spring after taking significant time off. I run at the park on an asphalt trail that I have been training on for the past couple of years. I bought the same exact shoes I wore last year and this is the first time I have encountered this problem. When I began running I was runing 8miles 4miles 8miles for 3 weeks before the pain in my knee. Not it is bothersome and I can run throught it somedays but others it becomes so unbearable I don't even bother running on it. Ususally it doesn't hurt the day after a run but sometimes it does. I have no idea what it is. Some say it could be a strained IT Band but I have been stretching it and it still doesn't seem to work. What do u think it is? What should I do

I have pain on the outside of my knee when I run what could it be?
With your knee slightly bent, try to wiggle your knee cap with your fingers. If it wiggles alot or hurts, get to MD you have torn a ligament. If it moves slightly and doesn't hurt you have a strain give it break for a few days and start back slower ( 1 or 2 miles)
Reply:Could be tendonitis. You need your legs to get around. You should see a doctor as soon as you can for x-rays at the least.



credot siosse

No comments:

Post a Comment