Monday, April 20, 2009

Shoe Storage Enquiries?

I have alot of sneakers, mainly Nike and Vans. They are in a mess. I want to store them in an organized way. At the same time, i also want to preserve them, eg. preventing them from %26#039;rotting%26#039;, collecting dust and fungus growing on them. It is for long lasting purposes.





Thanks in advance.

Shoe Storage Enquiries?
I had that same problem, and I tried the plastic shoe boxes, and put little pictures of each pair of shoes on the front of the box. This was a problem because I had no floor space to store them. I did have a hanging bar, with nothing hanging on it. So I bought a couple boxes of 1 gallon zip lock storage bags (the heavy duty freezer kind) and put one pair in each bag. Then I used large paperclips, bent into an %26quot;s%26quot; shape. I punched holes in the top of the freezer bag, and used plastic hole reinforcements around the punched holes, to keep them from ripping. Then I used the paperclips to hang the bags on hangers. a regular hanging bar will hold about 50 pairs of shoes. I can see through the bag, and I don%26#039;t need a picture on the front. the airtight bag keeps the shoes totally clean, and they don%26#039;t get smashed. This works well for keeping accessories with outfits too. (and for hiding money and other things.) If you don%26#039;t have a free hanging bar, you can always use a shower curtain rod, and just stick it up under your shorter hanging clothes. Good luck!
Reply:First you must clean them. then you need to put them in shoe storage boxes with the little pouches that come in the box when you buy them. They are to keep moisture away and fungus etc... if you threw all of them out, go to walmart and get some out of their boxes, or you can go to homedepot and get something similiar (not much money only $2). the storage boxes are clear so you can see what is in each one. Just make sure you get those little pouches, very inportant for preservation, keeps them from smelling too.



motorcycles

No comments:

Post a Comment