Monday, August 3, 2009

Why do my running shoes squeak?

My running shoes have started to sqeak. I got them last spring but just started wearing them a few months ago... so they don't have that many miles on them. I used to wear New Balance and Asics but switched to Nike Air because the lady at the store said it would help prevent me from running on the inside of my feet. Now my shoes squeak... Do I need a new pair or is there a solution?

Why do my running shoes squeak?
It may be the insoles that are squeaking.


Some talc powder may help.


Unless it is driving you crazy it doesn't matter or affect the performance of the shoes.
Reply:First, please take the removable insole out, put an extra pair of socks on and run a few yards. Does that help? Does the squeaking sound go away? If so, buy replacement insoles or experiment with applying vaseline (light coating) or talcum powder on the underside and edges of the insoles.





If this does not correct the problem then you must assume that an air unit has ruptured. In that case, you won't be able to fix it and the sound will not go away with time.





It is difficult for me to determine if your shoe's integrity or usefulness has been compromised. If it is a air unit problem it is probably best for you to replace it (sorry).





It is a good idea to become friendly with the staff of the running specialty store in your area (if you have one). These stores are not likely to carry shoes with known issues and have very liberal return/exchange policies.





Also, a shoe begins to age when it is made not when you start using it. It is best to buy recently manufactured shoes (not a pair of clearance shoes) and begin using them right away. The materials used in running shoes age fairly rapidly.



skin tone

No comments:

Post a Comment