Monday, August 3, 2009

Why do I have a bruise that has lasted more than a week?

I was playing flag football and got the top right side of my foot got stepped by a cleat. I was wearing normal shoes so there was no protection. It hurt really bad when it happened but there is a big bump on my foot that wont go away and a big area of bruising. Should I get X-rays?

Why do I have a bruise that has lasted more than a week?
You see, our blood contains heparin... a anti coagulant substance that is used for repair and to dissolve blod clots in our body. As you have mentioned the site of injury is on your feet and our feet is the most distal part of the body that receives blood so that is why it took more than a week for your bruise to disappear, cause it received heparin slower than other parts of your body.





you can have ur self xrayed and check whether you have dislocations on your foot.. and have the proper medical care..


hope i have answered you question..





your intern doctor.



viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment