Monday, August 3, 2009

What should I use to protect my ankle?

One the last week of school for Pe We could play basketball or sit and talk.


me and my friend Kayla decided to play basketball.So i`m wearing these AND1 Basketball shoes.


And So i`m going to rebound the ball but A bunch of other guys are to. So when my feet hit the floor.I trip on someones foot and I my ankle goes to the side.


I can walk (limping) but its sorta red.


even though I keep playing except no jumping for me.





Anyway When i get home 2 small spots of my ankle are purple.And even today Its not purple.But you can tell i got hurt.


I was wondering (since i`m getting new basketball shoes)is there anything i can do to protect my ankles when i play? (i play for my school's team).


Like wear Extra socks? or somthing?

What should I use to protect my ankle?
First of all,What do your parents say about this?Have you seen a doctor?It sounds like a sprain to me,in which case an ace bandage for support will be the best bet,and take it easy on your ankle ( no sports until it heals).This is something that your parents should decide.
Reply:First, you should get your ankle check. I think it is sprang, but you should get it checked out, because you can end up causing more problems to your ankle.


If you really don't want get it checked out. Keep it elevated with pillows, put ice on it. 20 mins on 20 mins off. Try not to put too much pressure on it as well.





You should buy ankle braces. You can get them at a pharmacy. A good brace is buy Figaro. They make all kinds of braces, they less long and give support.



flower

No comments:

Post a Comment